Cycling In the Yorkshire Dales
Engelstalig - druk 2019
Guidebook to cycling in the stunning Yorkshire Dales. Describes 23 of the best circular day rides in the region, plus Stage 1 of the 2014 Tour de France (Leeds to Harrogate) and a circular 200 mile, 6-stage 'La Vuelta a Dales'. Day rides range from 14 to 57 miles. All routes are graded and include gradient profiles and 1:100K mapping.
This guide describes 23 day routes, graded by a combination of distance, climb and overall gradient, all suitable for road bikes and illustrated by detailed maps and profiles. In addition a six-stage tour takes in all the highlights, including Grassington, Leyburn, Hawes, Kirkby Stephen, Ingleton and Settle. And for those who really want to test themselves, the route of the Stage 1 of the 2014 Tour de France, a 206km loop from Leeds to Harrogate, is also included, with an option to close the loop without adding many extra miles.
Appendices include a route summary table to help you choose your route, lots of information about facilities for cyclists along the routes, taking bikes on public transport and basic bike maintenance.
The Vuelta a Dales takes in the best dales, passes and viewpoints as it passes through Grassington, Leyburn, Hawes, Kirkby Stephen, Sedbergh, Ingleton and Settle. The Yorkshire Dales have always welcomed visitors who enjoy the views. For cyclists, the national park and the areas overlapping its boundaries provide a splendid mix of varied scenic landscapes, an extensive network of roads and peaceful lanes and many cycle-friendly cafés and tea shops. With almost every turn revealing yet another stunning view, the Dales are an ideal area to explore by bike
Klik HIER om naar een voorbeeld hoofdstuk te gaan.
23 graded day routes throughout the Dales, one lung-busting one-day Tour de France challenge and a six-stage tour
- all routes suitable for road bikes and graded by a combination of distance, climb and overall gradient
- with information about local facilities for cyclists, including tips on clothing, gear and bike maintenance
- GPX tracks of all routes available to download when you buy the book
- Seasons All year round cycling but the very best time is spring and early summer when the hay meadows are in flower and the birds of the high moors return to breed.
- Centres Pateley Bridge, Grassington, Ingleton, Settle, Reeth, Sedbergh, Hawes and Leyburn
- Difficulty Routes are graded as Short, Medium and Long and classified as Moderate, Hard or Challenging. There are no Easy rides in the Dales. The routes are suitable for all but the novice cyclist. Those with less experience may need to rest a little more often.
- Must See Cycling through Wharfedale, Swaledale, Wensleydale, Nidderdale, Ribblesdale, Malhamdale, Littondale, Dentdale and the Lune Valley. Challenging climbs over The Fleak, Birkdale, Tan Hill, Oxnop Head, Buttertubs, Greets Moss, Park Rash, Trapping Hill and Fleet Moss.