Cycling The Pacific Coast -
The complete guide from Canada to Mexico
Compleet boek dat een aanvulling is op de kaartenset van de Pacific Coast Route van de Aventure Cycling Association. De kaartenset dient apart besteld te worden.
Het boek is opgedeeld in 5 delen: Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Central California, and Southern California. Inclusief info over overnachten, campings, het pakken van de fiets, veilig fietsen, staat van de wegen, het weer en meer...
Lees ook het interview met de auteur over dit boek.
Discover the most popular bike tour in the United States
The Pacific Coast bicycle route runs the length of the West Coast, from Vancouver, British Columbia, nearly 2000 miles to the Mexico border. Cycling the Pacific Coast is the only comprehensive guidebook to this venerable route - thoroughly researched, mile by mile, to make sure you get the most out of your journey. With five sections: Washington, Oregon, and Northern, Central, and Southern California, this guide will help you chip away at it over a lifetime or pedal it all in a couple of months.
Plan your epic adventure with detailed route segments that include distances, elevation gain, descriptions, turn-by-turn mileage logs, and maps. Contemplate alternate routes and side trips, including the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, east to Portland in Oregon, and the Lost Coast in California. Other helpful features include:
• Logistics for key route access points
• Trip planning, packing and safety advice
• In-depth tours of cities along the route
• Airport and transit guidance for major cities
• Details about campgrounds
• Suggested itineraries for the entire route or shorter trips
• Descriptions designed to complement the ACA route maps
• Can't-miss major sites (and kitschy local attractions too!)
• Downloadable cue sheets for the full route