Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
3. North Devon Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 3 (West Country Way) between Taunton and Bude
• National Route 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) cycle route between Ilfracombe and Lydford including the Tarka Trail
• National Route 28 between Okehampton and Moretonhampstead
• National Route 275 between Ilfracombe and Minehead via Lynton and Porlock
• National Route 276 between Berrynarbor and Bratton Fleming
• National Route 277 between Martinhoe and Simonsbath via Lynton
• National Route 279 between Okehampton and Exeter
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the North Devon area of the South West region of England, including Exmoor, Ilfracombe and the North Devon coast, Exeter, Okehampton and Bude.
Devon is one of those counties with a wealth of different landscapes and cycle routes to explore. In North Devon the wilds of Exmoor contrast with some of the most stunning sandy beaches the country has to offer. You'll also find the Tarka Trail, one of the UK's most popular traffic-free cycle routes - flat and forming part of the iconic Devon Coast to Coast cycle route from Ilfracombe to Plymouth.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 5 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.