Sustrans Cycle map to the National Cycle Network - 1:110.000
17. South Cambridgeshire Cycle Map
Echt een fietskaart, alle fietsroutes in betreffend gebied zijn keurig en helder op de kaart ingetekend.
Ook veel praktische zaken, zoals vermelding van hoogtelijnen tot vermelding van de pubs.
Dit zijn de belangrijkste routes die op de kaart staan:
• National Route 51 between Milton Keynes and Newmarket via Bedford, Sandy, Huntingdon and Cambridge
• National Route 11 between Stansted and Ely via Cambridge
• National Route 12 between Welwyn Garden City and Letchworth Garden City and from Sandy to Hamerton via St Neots, Grafham Water and Huntingdon
• National Route 6 between Harpenden and Milton Keynes via Luton, Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard
Ook zijn er vijf dagfietstochten gekozen door Nick Cotton, de fietsgidsenman van Engeland.
Van de site van Sustrans:
This area map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area. It covers the South Cambridgeshire, Beds & Herts area of the East of England, including Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans and Harlow.
The historic city of Cambridge is perfect for cycling, and surrounding the city are quiet cycling routes leading into lowland countryside and to local wetland nature reserves. For more of a challenge, the Hertfordshire Chiltern hills boast beautiful chalk river valleys and picturesque towns and villages, and the Grand Union canal between Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes offers a chance to explore one of the UK's 'new towns' and Bletchley Park, the site of secret British code breaking activities during WWII.
This pocket-sized colour map shows clearly mapped on-road and traffic-free paths, easy to read contours, and detailed inset maps for the major towns and cities as well as recommended linking routes connecting the NCN with quiet roads. The map also features 4 day rides with directions and a description of the area, highlighting key cycle routes, local history and places of interest.